The target resist the debuff to be applied.
Damage Reduction vs Damage Penetration
In Dungeon Boss attacks can do different damage types. It's basically either physical or caused by magic, often corresponding to the Element of the hero: Known damage types are:
|Physical||Armored||0%||most basic attacks with weapons, claws, and arrows ( , , , , )|
|Nature||Magical||0 - 33%||debuffs like Poisoned and Wounded|
|Water||Magical||0 - 33%||All attacks of Selwyn the Enduring, and some of other Water Heroes|
|Fire||Magical||0 - 33%||Fire attacks of Fire Heroes, and debuffs like Burned, Wildfire, etc|
|Light||Magical||0 - 33%||a few Special Attacks of Light Heroes|
|Dark||Magical||0 - 33%||Attacks of Lord Zomm and Yan Luo|
|Lightning||Magical||0%||Shocked and Special Attacks of Ekko, Agnon, and Jin Lei|
|Spirit||Magical, Spirit Resistance||0 - 6%||most basic attacks with s used by Arcanes,Casters, Healers, and their Special Attacks|
|Chi||Abs Of Steele,
|0% (can't be resisted)||a few Special Attacks of Assassins|
|Chaos damage||Chaos Runes||0-20% by Runes||Age of Chaos dungeons, Chaos Runes, Alrakis Skullkeeper|
Hero Damage Type Overview
|Abigail the Brutal||Physical||Melee|
|Balog the Loud||Physical/Spirit||Melee/Ranged|
|Bovus El Doro||Physical||Melee|
|Cruel King Bramble||Physical||Melee|
|Drakk the Warlord||Physical||Melee|
|High King Valkin||Physical/Water||Melee/Ranged|
|Ignus the Mad||Fire/Spirit||Ranged|
|Jibber Clenchjaw||Lightning/Physical/Physical ??||Melee/Melee ??|
|Kobal the Pestilent||Dark/Spirit||Ranged|
|Life Reaper Brom||Dark/Physical/Spirit||Melee|
|Lumin the Radiant||Light/Spirit||Ranged|
|Miko the Marvelous||Physical/Water||Melee/Ranged|
|Reyla the Lightbringer||Physical/Spirit||Ranged|
|Rocky the Shiitake||Physical/Spirit||Melee/Ranged|
|Selwyn the Enduring||Water||Ranged|
|Shadow Queen Daeris||Physical||Ranged|
- 1 - harmless, minimal
- Lowest damage output, "hits like a wet noodle". This hero can only deal damage with Basic Attacks and has no damage boosting Traits or Buffs. Example: Zen (and most other Healers), Yokozuna
- 2 - very low
- This hero can deal damage with Basic Attacks and with at least one Special Attack (Ability), or has a Trait or Buff to boost their damage. But the result is usually not impressive. Example: Overlord Executum is a , the healer Yasmin Bloom has .
- 3 - mediocre
- This hero can do a lot of damage with Basic Attacks and Special Attacks. But you always think the hero could do better.
Most dedicated Healers and Tanks are in the range 1 - 3.
- 4 - common / average
- A rating of 4 means that the hero has good potential to cause damage. Not bad, but not outstanding either. Example: Rogar Stonecrusher, Warrior, has an AoE attack ( , a multi-hit attack , and a team-buffing . Sound's good, is good. But drawback is that Rogar can only deal Physical Damage.
Rating 4 and higher is where you find Warriors and Rogues.
- 5 - superior
- a hero with this rating can inflict serious damage. They have a large arsenal of special attacks, damage-boosting and multiplying Traits and/or Buffs, and their Debuffs can deal Damage over Time (DoT). Often they can deal different Damage Types like e.g. Physical and Fire. Example: Squinch can inflict the Burned Debuff, deals boosted damage against burned targets with Pyromaniac, and his multiplies damage for each debuff on the target.
- 6 - overpowered
- This hero has to power to seriously injure or even kill a target with a single atack, or can deal huge damage to a group of enemies.
- 7 - destructive
- This hero has the potential to clear most dungeon rooms on their own, either with powerful AoE attacks, or when on rampage, or doing a lot of revenge / follow-up attacks. Or the hero has the power to kill a target with a single attack.
- 8 - devastating
- This hero not only has powerful Passives and impressive Special attacks, but could have also destructive debuffs that can lead to imminent death, or they could also invite their allies to join a killing spree.
- 9 - maximum overkill
- The hero can wipe out a whole enemy team in a raid on their own. Eats epic bosses for breakfast.